Financial statement version (fsv) is created to create balance sheet and profit and loss statement. You group your general ledger accounts under a fsv to get your desired balance sheet and profit and loss account. In SAP you can create different type of financial statement version as per your requirement.
You can create it either by copying an existing FSV or creating a new one from scratch. Sap has tried to deliver different fsv for all countries. If your requirement is limited to the sap delivered financial statement versions then use it or you can create as you like.
Prerequisites for creating a FSV
Before creating a FSV you must have following things created in SAP;
- Chart of accounts for to which you want to attach the FSV.
- General ledger accounts that are required to be assigned to the FSV.
Use of FSV
- fsv is used for legal reporting of financial statement i.e. balance sheet and profit and loss account
- You can run a report by using your defined fsv to get a structured list of account balances.
- You can generate financial statements in different format by creating different fsv in SAP.
Steps for creating financial statement version
You can define it by using transaction code OB58 or following path;
Path for creating FSV : SPRO > FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING > GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTING > BUSINESS TRANSCTIONS > CLOSING > DOCUMENTING > DEFINE FINANCIAL STATEMENT VERSIONS
Relevant points while creating FSV
- Attach your chart of accounts for which you want to create FSV
- From transaction code FS00 click on edit FSV and then select your created fsv. Attach general ledger accounts to the node of your fsv.
- This configuration is transportable so you need to save this setting with a transport request.
- To create sub items you need to click on “create item” tab and to insert accounts click on “assign accounts” tab.