Transaction codes can be viewed in SAP in two ways;
- From the table view i.e. through se16 or se16n
- Through transaction code SE93
Transaction Code (tcodes) trough table view
You can see tcodes through table TSTCT with tcode SE16 or SE16N. Here are the steps;
- On the command bar enter tcode Se16 or Se16n
- In the table name field enter table name as “TSTCT”
- Press Enter
- In the Field “SPRSL” enter language as “en” for ENGLISH.
- If you want to see any specific transaction then enter that or else to see all the transactions leave “TCODE” field blank
- Keep the “Maximum No of Hits” filed blank
- Press F8 or click on execute button
All the tcodes available in SAP with there text will be displayed. You can also use TSTC table to view tcodes but it will not show you the text. Same way you can try with se16n. Transaction Code view through SE93
From this maintain tcode screen you select the tcode field and enter the first two letters of your tcode. For example if you want to see tcodes starting with KA then enter KA* and press f4. Now you can see all the tcodes starting with letter KA.
How to find menu path of a tcode
If you know tcode of a particular transaction then you can get the menu path of it through SAP. Go to your SPRO menu or sap each access menu to enter “search_sap_menu” in the command filed and press enter. In the search text entry field enter your tcode and press enter. It will show you the menu path available in SAP.
For example if you want to know the path of cost element creation then enter “KA01” in the search text entry field and have to press enter. Then it will show me the path of transaction code KA01.