Filing your income tax return online is only half done if you are e-filing it without your digital signature. You should make sure that the process of e-filing is completed for the assessment year.
Following things one should consider after uploading income tax return online;
- Make sure that the ITR V generated after efiling provides your correct details. Double check the email id provided in ITR V.
- Take a print of the acknowledgement (ITR V) in an A4 size paper with no water mark on it except the logo of income tax department.
- Post the ITR V print out with your signature on the verification section to CPC Bangalore office in ordinary post.
- Track the status of receiving ITR V at CPC Bangalore office online.
- If ITR V is not received within 120 days of filing your return then there are chances that the return will be treated as invalid (as if the income tax return is not filled). So if it’s not received by CPC Bangalore then resend your ITR V within time.
- If your income tax acknowledgement (ITR V) is received at CPC, Bangalore Office then you will be receiving a mail at your mail box with status of receiving ITR V. You have to make sure that you receive it and after receiving the same keep it in a safe place for future reference.
- In case of receiving an intimation or order from CPC, Bangalore then take up the matter within the time given on such order or intimation.
Even though the online facility of income tax site provides you the option of downloading your ITR V, it’s always a good practice to keep such things with you either at your desktop, laptop or better by keeping a physical hard copy in your locker or in a safe place as you decide.