There can be a situation where both customer and vendor are the same party and your company is doing business with them. In such a kind of situation, SAP has given an option by which the settlement to the party will net off while making payment.
To get this work we have to follow following settings in both masters:
1. Create the Vendor master and Customer master records.
2. Assign the customer account number in the vendor master record and the vendor account number in the customer master record.
3. In company code data segment of customer master, select the Payment Transactions tab, and then select the check box labeled Clearing with Vendor.
4. Same way in the company code data segment of vendor master, select the Payment Transactions tab, and then select the check box labeled Clrg with Cust.
5. When you clear using T-codes F-28 or F-53, it will show all of the transactions related to vendor and customer. You can just pay the balance amount after net off transaction between vendor and customer.
By linking customer account and vendor account we can simplify some of our accounting processes in sap.