What is Inter company transaction in sap?
A group can have more than one legal entity and can make transactions between themselves. Such transaction can be making payments on behalf of another entity or incurring expenses or selling and buying products from each other.
We can configure such kind of situation in transaction code OBYA.
When end user posted an intercompany transaction in sap, system will generate three documents;
- Intercompany document
- Two documents for both the company involved
We can display such document by using transaction code FBU3.
What is COPA? Why organization should implement COPA in SAP?
COPA or profitability analysis is a sub module of CO and provides various reports for internal reporting. In an organisation we can define product, customer or geographical area as segments and such segments can be used to measure profitability of an organisation.
We have two parts of COPA for deriving various internal reports;
- Costing Based COPA
- Accounting Based COPA
Costing based COPA is used by many organisation and display reports based on the segments that are created in sap. Instead of segments we use cost and revenue elements in sap in accounting based COPA.
What is IDOC in sap?
IDOCs are known as intermediate document and generated through message types. Its created to exchange date between two sap systems or from a sap systems to a non sap systems.
IDOC consists of 3 components;
- Control record – sender system and receiver system details
- Data Segment – consist sequential number, segment type description
- Status record – information status of the IDOC
What is the difference between standard price and moving average price?
Standard price is used when inventory is valuated at a fixed price. Moving average price is used where valuation price is changed.
Moving average price is used for raw materials, spare parts and trading goods where as standard price is used for finished goods and semi finished goods.
What is Costing variant in sap?
Costing variants are used in product costing and used in product cost calculation. Through this variant we determine the cost of material, labour, activity price and overhead.
Costing variants have five tabs to configure;
- Costing type – we maintain the costing estimate to be used for calculation
- Valuation variant – determines the price that sap will derive for cost calculation
- Date control – derive the costing date
- Quantity structure – BOM applications to cost estimate is derived from here
- Transfer control – used to avoid repetitive costing