Blocking a General Ledger Account in SAP is done through transaction FS00. By blocking a General Ledger Account in SAP, users will not be allowed for posting and creation of that account in all other company codes.
Before blocking a General Ledger Account in SAP, a proper checking on the transaction posting and its use in other company code has to be done as system will not allow posting unless the General Ledger A/c is unblocked. General Ledger A/cs can be blocked in two levels;
- Blocking at the chart of A/cs level which is applicable to all company code using the same chart of A/cs.
- Blocking at the company code level level which applies the A/c in respective company code only.
In the first case when you block a general ledger account in SAP, at the chart of A/cs level, system block the master record creation in the company code under that chart of A/cs, posting to the A/cs and planning for A/c.
In the second case when you block a general ledger account at the company code level, the general A/c is only blocked for posting.
To Block or Unblock a General Ledger Account in SAP given below are the path and transaction codes;
- Accounting > FA > General ledger > Master Records > Individual Processing > Centrally
- Accounting > FA > General ledger > Master Records > Individual Processing > Chart of Accounts
- Accounting > FA > General ledger > Master Records > Individual Processing > in Company Code
- FS00 (for blocking at chart of A/cs and company code level)
- FSP0 (for blocking only at the chart of A/cs level)
- FSS0 (for blocking only at the company code level)
Enter the General Ledger A/c number and company code for which you want to block the postings. Enter the correct details and press enter.
Then from the top left hand corner screen select General Ledger Account > Block
Mark all the required fields that you want to block and then click on General Ledger Account > save.
Now the data are saved and the general ledger a/c of the specified company code has been blocked in SAP.
If you want to unblock the general ledger account in SAP then follow the same procedure as said above and remove the tick that you selected before.
Note: SAP and SAP logo is a registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. We are not affiliated or related to any division or subsidiary of SAP AG.