Cross company code transaction involves two or more company codes in one business transaction. For a cross Company Code transaction, the system will post a separate document in each of the Company Code in sap involved in the business transaction.
Examples for cross company code transactions are:
- One Company Code makes purchases for other Company Code (Called Central Procurement)
- One Company Code pays for other Company Code (Central Payment)
- One Company Code sells goods to other Company Code
Steps for cross company code posting in SAP
- Create Clearing Accounts in each of the company codes. The Clearing Accounts may be General Ledger Accounts, Customer or Vendor Accounts.
- Configure the Automatic Postings for Cross Company Code Transactions by assigning Clearing Accounts for both the Company Code.
Creation of Clearing Accounts in both the Company Codes (FS00)
|In Company Code 1 (CC1)||In Company Code 2 (CC2)|
|Account Group||Current Assets||Current Liabilities|
|Balance Sheet Account||Balance Sheet Account|
|Short Text||Clearing with CC2||Clearing with CC1|
|Long Text||Clearing with CC 2||Clearing with CC 1|
|Only Bal in Local Currency||Only Bal in Local Currency|
|Line Item Display||Line Item Display|
|Field Status Group||G001||G001|
|Post Automatically Only||Post Automatically Only|
Note: SAP and SAP logo is a registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. We are not affiliated or related to any division or subsidiary of SAP AG.