Director Identification Number is required when an individual wants to form a company or wanted to be a director in an existing company. Very recently central government has notified that Director Identification Number can be cancelled or deactivated by them. Here is the text of that.
Din can now be cancelled by Central Government or regional director (north region), noida or any other officer authorized by the regional director in following situations;
- the it is found to be duplicate;
- the DIN was obtained by wrongful manner or fraudulent means;
- of the death of the concerned individual; the concerned individual has been declared as lunatic by the competent Court;
- if the concerned individual has been adjudicated an insolvent;
Provided that before cancellation or deactivation of DIN under clause (b), an opportunity of being heard shall be given to the concerned individual.
- For the purposes of clause (b), (i), the term ‘wrongful manner’ means if the DIN obtained without legally established documents.
- The term “fraudulent means” means if the DIN obtained unlawfully to deceive any other person or any authority including the central Government.