To incorporate a company, its mandatory to submit certain documents.
Document requirements for a company incorporation may change based on certain parameters such as the type of company you register, citizenship of directors and subscribers, and office addresses.
In this article we have tried to list down all most all documents that you are required to register a company. If you have a different situation and wants to know what type of documents can be accepted by the registrar, then use our comment section below to ask us questions.
Common Documents required for company incorporation
- Income tax Permanent account number or PAN of directors and subscribers
- Voter ID or Passport or Driving License or Ration card as Identity Proof. Please note, at present Aadhar is not considered as a ID proof for company registration.
- Electricity bill or bank statement or mobile bill or Telephone bill as address proof. It should not be older than 2 months.
- Trademark registration certificate or application (it’s optional if you have applied for name approval on the basis of your trademark).
- Declaration by subscribers and directors.
- Particulars of first directors.
- Consent of first directors.
Based on the type of company and other requirements, you may be required to submit certain additional documents.
Additional documents for a One person company or OPC
In a One Person Company or OPC, in addition to one director and subscriber, the member is required to appoint a nominee. Nominee should be a resident Indian who will get appointed as member in case the subscriber / shareholder dies.
You need to appoint the nominee at the time of company registration. Nominee can also be changed at anytime.
While appointing you need to submit following documents:
- Income Tax Permanent account number or PAN of nominee.
- Voter ID or Driving License or Passport or as Identity proof.
- Bank statement or electricity bill or gas bill or mobile bill as address proof. It should not be older than 2 months.
- Form INC-3.
Please note, in addition to all these, you are also required to mention his/her name as nominee in the registration form and Memorandum of association.
Additional docs for a Section 8 company – charitable
In case of a section 8 company (charitable), you are required to obtain a license from the registrar after getting name approval and before filing registration form.
Following additional documents are required to be attached while filing for license:
- Annual income and expenditure statements for 3 years
- Consent from donors
- One or two years account if the company is already in existence.
- Declaration by a practicing chartered accountant, CS, cost accountant or advocate in INC-14.
- Declaration by each applicant in form INC-15.
- Draft Memorandum of association or MOA.
- Draft article of association or AOA.
To file documents for company incorporation, you are required to get a digital signature certificate as these forms are to be signed electronically.
Please note, you need to upload scanned copy of all these documents as an attachment to the registration form. If these documents are not legible, then your application may get rejected or sent back for re-submission.