There can be a situation where both customer and vendor are the same party and your company is doing business with them. In such kind of situations the SAP has given a option by which the settlement to the party will net off while making payment. To do so you are required to link the customer account with the vendor account in SAP FICO. In following steps we will show you how to link the customer account with the vendor account in sap.
Steps in SAP
1. Create the Vendor master and Customer master records.
2. Assign the customer account number in the vendor master record and the vendor account number in the customer master record.
3. In company code data segment of customer master, select the Payment Transactions tab, and then select the check box labeled Clearing with Vendor.
4. Same way in the company code data segment of vendor master, select the Payment Transactions tab, and then select the check box labeled Clrg with Cust.
5. When you clear using T-codes F-28 or F-53, it will show all of the transactions related to vendor and customer. You can just pay the balance amount after net off transaction between vendor and customer.
Note: SAP and SAP logo is a registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. We are not affiliated or related to any division or subsidiary of SAP AG.