Downloading Form 16 and 16A is mandatory as per the recent changes to income tax rule, 1962. After downloading, a deductor will be able to issue it to the deductee.
Process of Downloading and Creating Form 16 and 16A in PDF
- Deductor has to register on TRACES Portal
- After logging into the portal you need to click on the Form 16 and 16A section under the download menu
- A text file containing the entire requested PAN will be available for download at the download section of the menu.
- Text file is password protected and password will be the TAN of the deductor.
- Pass the text files generated into the TRACES PDF Generation Utility to create the PDF.
Process of Installing TRACES PDF Generation Utility
- Download the PDF Generation Utility by logging in to TRACES. Click on ‘Requested Downloads’ under ‘Downloads’ menu then click on ‘TRACES PDF Generation Utility’ link
- Unzip and save the utility on your desktop
- Double-click on the utility (exe) and click on ‘Run’
- Utility will be installed on your desktop
How to Convert the text file PDF
- Open the utility from your desktop and select the text file
- Select the digital signature to digitally sign it
- Generate PDF file
- If PDF is not digitally signed, deductor should manually sign the printed Form before sending it to Tax Payers