PAN card is an essential document for all purpose. Now a days its not only required for income tax purpose but for all financial transactions and identity proof PAN card is required. You should not be tensed or restless by losing your PAN card as your can get issued a duplicate one from income tax department. Obtaining a duplicate PAN card is a very simple process.
To get a duplicate card you need to fill a change or correction form with any TIN facilitation center nearer to you locality or in any other place. TIN facilitation centers are approved Permanent Account Number processing centers of NSDL and it has branches all over India. Use this link to locate a TIN FC nearer to your place. You can also fill the form online at NSDL site.
For getting a new PAN card you are required to fill the permanent account number in your form. In case you do not have, then you can get the number by just entering either your earlier acknowledgement number or name in combination of date of birth by using this link.
In addition to the form you need to attach two passport size photographs along with cash of Rs. 96. Submit the form at any TIN FC nearer to your locality.
If you are applying online then you can pay the processing fee online or you can pay it through a cheques or draft. While paying through net banking you need to use either your bank account or any of your relative’s bank account.
After all this process you will get a new PAN card in 15 working days with the same number that has been allotted to you earlier.
For issuing a duplicate pan card you are required to provide supporting documents towards your address and identity proof. The name in your address and identity proof should match with the name that is in your Permanent Account Number.
If you want to change any other details of the permanent account number like address or name then supporting documents for such changes are required to be attached to this form and the required field must be ticked.
How to apply online for a Duplicate Pan card
Duplicate Pan Card can be applied online by using NSDL online change or correction forms available at NSDL site. Follow the following steps to apply online;
- Click on this link which will take you to the NSDL site for applying a duplicate PAN card. Please remember, to apply for a duplicate one you should not use form 49A. Form 49A is only to get allotted a new permanent account number.
- In the next step you need to click on “Changes or correction in Permanent Account Number details” button. This will take you to the form which you are required to fill up.
- You will have option to know more on correction or changes related to PAN card. You can click on “Do’s and Don’ts for Change Request Application” or “Important Instructions and Guidelines at a glance” to learn more on these things. To apply for a duplicate one you need to click on “Online Application for Changes Or Correction in PAN Data (Change Request Form)”
- Now to apply the forms, you need to go down and select your status and click on the “select” button. If you are a salaried person or self employed or a natural human being and applying PAN card for yourself then select “individual”. Otherwise you can select other options based on your registration in India.
- Fill the form and submit it online. You can read the instructions to help you in filling the form. While filling up the form you need to mention the name as it is in the PAN card. If there is any changes then a proof of such changes are required to be attached while sending the acknowledgement to IT department.
- After submitting the form and paying the required amount an acknowledgement will be displayed with a unique 15 digit acknowledgement number.
- Take a print out of the acknowledgement and send it to the IT department address mentioned below the form along with your address proof, identity proof and two photographs within 15 days of the online application date. Envelope must be subscribed with the words ‘Application for pan – acknowledgement number’. The name as appearing in the identity and address proof must match with the name that is in your Permanent Account Number, otherwise it will not be issued and you need to send some other proof which will match with your Permanent Account Number name.
- The applications are processed at NSDL office after getting your documents verified and release of payment.
The photograph that you attach to the application form should be neat and clean. You need to sign the form as indicated their before sending it to the income tax department. You need to pay Rs. 96 for getting a duplicate card if your delivery address is in India. If you are living in any place other than in India and such card is required to be delivered their then you need to pay Rs. 962.
You can also track status of your duplicate PAN card online with the help of acknowledgement number that is generated after filling the form online. If you applied in a TIN FC then such office should have given you an acknowledgement copy on which you can find the acknowledgement number. Click here to track your Duplicate Permanent account number card status.