Every person responsible for deduction of tax under Chapter XVII‐B, shall, in accordance with the provisions of sub‐section (3) of section 200, deliver, or cause to be delivered, the following quarterly statements to the Director General of Income‐tax (Systems) or the person authorised by the Director General of Income‐tax (Systems), namely:‐
- Statement of deduction of tax under section 192 in Form No. 24Q;
- Statement of deduction of tax under sections 193 to 196D in‐
- Form No. 27Q in respect of the deductee who is a non‐resident not being a company or a foreign company or resident but not ordinarily resident; and
- Form No. 26Q in respect of all other deductees.
Statements referred to above for the quarter of the financial year ending with the date specified in column (2) of the Table below shall be furnished by the due date specified in the corresponding entry in column (3) of the said Table:‐
|Sl. No.||Date of ending of the quarter of the financial year||Due date|
|1||30th June||15th July of the financial year|
|2||30th September||15th October of the financial year|
|3||31st December||15th January of the financial year|
|4||31st March||15th May of the financial year immediately following the financial year in which deduction is made|
The statements referred above may be furnished in any of the following manners, namely:
- furnishing the statement in paper form;
- Furnishing the statement electronically in accordance with the procedures formats and standards specified under sub‐rule (5) along with the verification of the statement in Form 27A.
- the deductor is an office of the Government; or
- the deductor is the principal officer of a company; or
- the deductor is a person who is required to get his accounts audited under section 44AB in the immediately preceding financial year; or
- the number of deductee’s records in a statement for any quarter of the financial year are twenty or more,
The deductor shall furnish the statement electronically in accordance with the procedures formats and standards specified under sub‐rule (5) along with the verification of the statement in Form 27A.
Where deductor is a person other than the person referred above then the statements may, at his option, be delivered or cause to be delivered in the statement electronically in accordance with the procedures formats and standards specified under sub‐rule (5) along with the verification of the statement in Form 27A.
The deductor at the time of preparing statements of tax deducted shall;
- quote his tax deduction and collection account number (TAN) in the statement;
- quote his permanent account number (PAN) in the statement except in the case where the deductor is an office of the Government;
- quote the permanent account number of all deductees;
- furnish particulars of the tax paid to the Central Government including book identification number or challan identification number, as the case may be.
The Director General of Income‐tax (Systems) shall specify the procedures, formats and standards for the purposes of furnishing of the statements and shall be responsible for the day to day administration in relation to furnishing of the statements in the manner so specified.
Where a statement of tax deducted at source is to be furnished for tax deducted before the 1st day of April, 2010, the provisions of this rule and rule 37A shall apply as they stood immediately before their substitution or omission by the Income‐tax (Amendment) Rules, 2010.